July 16, 2015

Fire Away

I am listening to an amazing new band called Dawes as I fly home from an incredible weekend in Calgary during Stampede.

Again, another decision we made for which I have no regrets. A fun long weekend in Calgary to hang out with my amazing brother (and his amazing friends). We are an incredibly close family despite the physical distance in between. We are authentic. I have 2 sisters and 1 bro and 3 great "outlaws", a term, which my Mom lovingly refers to our husbands!  My Mom Mitzi happily watches and reaps the rewards and sucks in the love that we share. I feel incredibly fortunate and never do I take this for granted!  Don't wait for the right time, just do it....



We saw Dawes while in Calgary, a great band from LA who our grown kids introduced us all too. I love concerts.

We love music- all of us. One of the outlaws plays in a band and the others share stories of great old classic bands. We play the record game at our house - choose from our 100 or so records and take us back to the "good old days" as you play your favourite album on our turntable.  Our kids have all developed an appreciation for great music too. Our music jams in Vernon are unbelievable and memory makers. Mitzi sits on the Calhoun.



While in Calgary we also went to the OxfordStomp concert- Sam Roberts, George Thorogood, Sheryl Crow an all-afternoon/evening event with free beer, food, sunshine and dancing. We met some great Calgarians and like the friends we like to keep, have fun anywhere! "Leave people wanting more and always with a smile on their face".


A visit from my sister and one of the outlaws as they passed through Calgary themselves added another element of fun. (Missed my other sister and her "Tom Jones"). Couple great dinner parties, laughs, rodeo watching in some great VIP seats, music, late nights, Marda Loop Starbucks, dog walks and the consumption of some great wine!  We won't forget the "dispose a flask" (crazy husband)!


I feel full and bubbling over with appreciation for my life. My husband, my kids and my family. Dig deep and find yours too. It won't just come to you without a conscious effort. 

Oh and watch a little Dawes in the link below, such great music. You can get it on Google Music and Apple Music (both platforms I use).

Fire Away....



2 comments:

  1. I'm inspired by how you write so freely about your life Denise, and having met you for the first time on your trip to Calgary, you are 100% real and authentic. As your brother would say, "You are a Beauty."
    I like your intention ... love your life and live it! Soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy! I know you too have similar values and a love for life! D

      Delete